Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kick the sugars and back on track

I was in North Carolina this past weekend for the Md-Duke game. The road trip was six hours each way so as you can imagine, lots of fast food and snacks along the way.

I started with Mickey D's and had Skittles before arriving in Durham. Dinner wasn't bad as we went to Brio (a bit pricey Italian joint) and I had some pasta.
We were in NC, so I opted to go to Bojangles and stuff some friend chicken with a bo berrry biscuit as dessert to start our return trip. The biscuit had icing on it and was a bit too much sugar. As I was crashing from my sugar high, I kept popping more Skittles in my mouth so I could finish the last two hours to ATL.
I was pretty tired so cooking was out of the question. We decided to pick up some pizza from our favorite place, Mellow Mushroom. I'm sure the pepperoni wasn't the best option but it was tasty!

So I'm back on the training schedule that Steph sent me. I think I've got a 4 miler today. Hoping it's warm out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment