Friday, February 20, 2009

Be like a terrapin

I used my heart rate monitor for the first time yesterday and I realized that I was training waaay to fast.

I am clearly out of shape as my HR averaged 167 for the three miles. I pulled back from my regular pace so I could lower my rate and I wouldn't have my heart explode. Steph, I am going to try another method to analyze my max. HR. I would do squats for 3-minutes and record my HR at the end. Rest 5 minutes. Then do step-ups for 3-minutes and take a second per step up/down. Record HR at the end then average the two numbers to get the max. rate. I'll let you know the results and see if it makes a difference.

We are having another friend visiting from out-of-town but I'll make sure to get the run out of the way early in the morning. Like I said, I'm getting worried about my ability to finish the race. I don't want the paddywagon to pick me up for lagging on the race course.

-Y-

No comments:

Post a Comment